May 24, 2011

A Relegation Idea I Didn't Come Up With

     In my introductory page, I mentioned that this blog would focus on solutions to problems in sports, something that I may or may not have gotten away from.  But I recently coaxed a post out of Jay Sutermeister at Seasons in the Sun that really reminded me of something I would have put here.  In regards to relegation, I prefer to let fans of bad teams feel some unwarranted hope that next year, their team will only be sort of awful and may contend for the division through the first two months or so of the season.  But if we have to drop teams from the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB every year, I think Sutermeister's plan would work really well.  Besides the awkwardness of watching the Bills potentially play arena style, Canadian style, and NFL/UFL-style football in three consecutive weeks, there are no major flaws I can see with his idea.

Take a look at his original post and his response to my response.  Chances are you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment