May 14, 2011

W17L Self-Analysis: Post Length

     I was reading a long blog post and wondered to myself exactly how long my posts really were.  Because I like to think I'm concise and straight to the point, but I'm sure that's not the case.  Since there's nothing better than analyzing analysis, I thought I'd share my results with you:

Longest Post:  The Real Reason Some Players Are "Winners" (438 words)
     I think my problem here was that I wasn't entirely sure what I was saying, so I just kept trying to explain myself and it got a little out of hand.  That, and I had 3 bullet points to expand upon.

Shortest Post:  In Honor Of Cinco De Mayo, Cinco Great NFL Names (10 words)
     This wasn't exactly fair, because the title cut out about half of the words I would have needed to explain posting five first names and five last names.  And I didn't say anything very worthwhile in that post.

Average Post:  217 words
     Not including this post, because that would just be weird.  If you also exclude the May of Greatness and Sports Haiku posts, leaving the actual meaningful stuff, it comes out to 312 words, which is somewhere between a long tweet and a short magazine article.  I think I can live with that.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment