May 30, 2012

Adventures In NBA 2K11: Self-Esteem

     You know how I know I have self-esteem issues?  I was adding myself into an upcoming draft class.  I wanted to be a believable rookie, so I came up with percentiles representing the skill level I thought my player should have in each attribute compared to the rookies at his position and compared to all the rookies.  I then used a formula to change those percentiles so I wouldn't be so awful.  (The last two sentences are how I know I'm a math nerd.)  After coming up with the appropriate ratings and plugging them in, my player's overall rating was.........65.  Late first round territory.  What kind of gamer goes to create themselves, fudges the numbers to make themselves better, and still ends up with the equivalent of Craig Brackins?

No comments:

Post a Comment