August 18, 2012

ESPN Ticker Shocker Of The Day

     While I was watching ESPN today, I looked at the bottom of the screen and saw a news update that went something like this:  "Jeff Demps, who won a silver medal with the U.S. 4x100m relay team, has signed with the New England Patriots.  Demps also played running back for the University of Florida."

     Going into that update, I knew this much:  Jeff Demps was a running back at Florida.  I remember him very well, as he and Chris Rainey were two of the highest rated sophomore running backs in NCAA Football 2010.  I also knew that Jeff Demps was one of the fastest guys in college football.  I was shocked, however, to see that this guy who I only knew as a football player was also a silver-medal-winning Olympic sprinter.  Granted, he only ran in the preliminary heat, but that group was the fastest in the preliminaries and did I mention he won a freaking silver medal in the Olympics!!!  My mind has been blown.

1 comment: